Powered By Blogger

Saturday 15 January 2011

Welcome!

To whomever is reading this, hey,

I always get this far: I think to myself I should start a blog, I create the blog, write a few posts, and then... well, nothing. I begin to slack, and then I barely ever post until my post count has been the same for over two months. As you all know, we have just welcomed 2011 and like most people at the turn of a new year, I like to make resolutions. I don't really agree with changing anything about yourself, so I think to myself what could I do that would complement my life?

If you don't know me, my name is Jacob. I'm 19 years of age and I study Film. Film is something I am very passionate about and not only do I love watching them, I love writing about them. The way I see it is if you're gonna watch a load of films, why not attempt to share your opinions and in doing so hopefully spare somebody a painful experience or - crucially - spur somebody on to watch a film that they seriously need to see? Due to this, my new year's resolution was *Drum Roll Please*... to review every single film I watch in 2011.

In the interest of keeping this short and sweet, this here blog will become a compendium of every film I have the pleasure (or displeasure) of viewing. You won't find a review of a new blockbuster weeks before release, but if I venture to the cinema to see said blockbuster, you will find a review you can hopefully draw something from and ultimately enjoy. There will be reviews of films from different era's, different countries - I promise variation. Of course, feedback is encouraged. I'm basically doing this so I can acquire feedback, so if you agree, disagree or just fancy commenting, please do. As far as the reviews go, they will be around the 150-200 word mark so won't take up too much time, but every now and then - when there's a film I feel particularly warrants it - I will write a much larger amount (just wait until you see how much I had to say about Inception...),

So yeah, take care, stay cool and hopefully, happy reading. Here's to an epic 2011!

Jacob


No comments:

Post a Comment